
I've been going through bluetooth headphones trying to find that "right" pair for me. I started with the Kinovo behind the ears, OUCH!! Waaaaay too small for my head. Then the HDE SX-907's, that were decent for $25, but still didn't fit over my ears, didn't have any top padding, and were just OK for the sound (they're still my backups now). After that, was time to try to upgrade a bit, and bought the Miikey Rythmm's. These are a very good set of headphones, but once again, just not a pair meant for my larger head. Sold those to my 18 yr old son (yeah, gave him a discount to take them off my hands, lol, but it gave me a little to put back into another pair). Research, research, research...then ran across these. Unfortunately, these were not added till AFTER my initial purchases or I might have considered them earlier. I'm NOT an audiophile, but going through this process, HAS helped me appreciated the better sounding headphones, as I've checked several out at the local electronics stores, plus the several pairs I've been through. I wanted Bluetooth only, as this is to help me watch tv late at night, or movies on my laptop or television. On to the review itself:
Pros:
1. Foldable- this is something I've actually come to look for in a pair, as I will be carrying them with me on business trips in my laptop backpack. And even though it doesn't discuss it in the description, there IS a carrying bag that comes with the headphones, which is a plus.
2. Comfort- these actually FIT my big head. Would still work well for people with a smaller head, but it's NICE to have something very comfortable on my head for a change, not pinning my ears to my glasses. They fit OVER my ears, are large enough for my head, and have very comfortable ear cushions and padding inside the top of the set. The cups actually do pivot some, allowing for comfortable movement, also.
3. Sound- now I revert back to the fact that I'm NOT an audiophile, in fact I am a little bit hard of hearing. These sound GREAT to me. I'm actually hearing sounds I didn't hear in ANY of the other units, plus some very deep base when appropriate. Watched Avengers with them on, and Step Up, to see the difference in the sounds.
4. Connecting- connected to my laptop and cell phone just fine, w/o any problems (no manual, but just held the center button down till it started blinking and connected).
5. Quality construction- these seem to be very sturdy and made with some quality materials. I've had several that were very cheap and cheaply made (HDE SX-907's), so I can tell the difference, but these were very well done. They are not small by any means.
6. Micro-SD card slot- I haven't used this yet, so I won't speak to the positives, but it never hurts to have another way to use your headphones. I work in the service industry, around a lot of equipment, and will begin to use these in the field when I go back to work next week, and will probably use that then. I don't have an mp-3 player that is bluetooth, other than my phone, so this will be a great feature to have. I use my phone for work, and don't want to fill it up with useless apps or a lot of music, when I can save the space for those things that I truly need on there.
7. Micro usb charging- this speaks for itself if you've been looking at several of these units, and many charge on 1.5mm or 2.5mm usb cables. This will make it easy, if I'm out in the field to use my phone charger to charge these back up.
8. Holds a charge- These will hold a charge for quite awhile. I've been using them most of the day (they came with a charge already on them), and I've been using them for over 5 or 6 hours already w/o any problems.
9. 3.5mm cable- Does have a 3.5 mm cable so that you can connect to your non-bluetooth devices. This won't affect me very much, except for maybe family roadtrips and such (letting my daughter use the with her Kindle would be a prime example).
Cons (not many that I see so far)-
1. Charger- does NOT come with one, but does come with a micro-usb to usb cable. So it can be used w/ existing chargers that have a usb connection, or to the laptop directly (which I've done and hooked up to make sure it was charging).
2. No user/ instruction manual- Not thrilled about this, but I will make do, as I've done before in purchasing stuff w/o one. Functions of the buttons seem fairly straight forward and easy to decipher, but would still be nice to have one. I'll contact Bludio next week and attempt to @ least have one emailed to me, if I can't find one over the internet.
Now, I've had these for a day, and absolutely love them, but will use them for several weeks and update on my findings, whether they be good or bad. I purchased these through Prime @ a $109.95 price tag, and I definitely feel it was worth the price, after all of the other units I've gone through. I was nervous purchasing these w/o ANY reviews up, so I wanted to make sure to put this up on day one, just in case someone was having the same doubts I was. What made my mind up was the fact that it was prime (meaning it was being fulfilled by Amazon which would have made a return process easier), and I saw a couple of reviews on youtube that were VERY positive). I personally would put these up there over Beats and a few others, as I wasn't going to pay $200 to $400 for a pair of headphones. I purchased them @ 9pm at night on Tuesday night, and Liberty had them out of their warehouse by 10am on Wednesday, and arrived on time today.
I've included everything I could think of in this review, so that you could see the trials I've gone through trying to find just that right pair of headphones for me. I apologize if it was long winded, but I just wanted to convey how thoroughly thrilled I was with the set and why. The only reasons for 4 stars instead of 5, are the cons above, and I haven't actually been through the ringer with it yet. It may get upgraded, but doubtful, since those 2 things would be the improvements that I would recommend to the manufacturer at this point.
Edit 1/30/13:
First off, I found the instructions (not much, but they were there). They had fallen out when I opened up the box. The charger is just fine. It works with the usb chargers I have for the phone, @ the house and in the car. Plus will charge from the laptop, so no issues. Upped this to 5 stars. After using it for a week or so now, I REALLY like this set of headphones. Having them over the ear has been so much more comfortable, AND drowns out alot of outside noise. It can get very loud in my work, and these are wonderful to drown out all of that background noise. I can leave my cell phone across the room and on the charger while I have these on up on a ladder. It's also helped me from missing any calls now. Since I'm self employed, every one of those calls can make a difference. I see the price has gone up another $20, but knowing what I do about this set, I'd still say it was worth it. If you can find them cheaper elsewhere, and from a trusted source, I would say to snatch them up.
Edit 2/15/13:
The bluetooth issue with my TV has been fixed, and now my headphones work just fine with my Vizio M3D550SR. Was nice to watch a 3D movie after the wife had gone to bed, with GREAT sound, and not worry about waking anyone up. Still think these headphones rock!!
Pros:
1. Foldable- this is something I've actually come to look for in a pair, as I will be carrying them with me on business trips in my laptop backpack. And even though it doesn't discuss it in the description, there IS a carrying bag that comes with the headphones, which is a plus.
2. Comfort- these actually FIT my big head. Would still work well for people with a smaller head, but it's NICE to have something very comfortable on my head for a change, not pinning my ears to my glasses. They fit OVER my ears, are large enough for my head, and have very comfortable ear cushions and padding inside the top of the set. The cups actually do pivot some, allowing for comfortable movement, also.
3. Sound- now I revert back to the fact that I'm NOT an audiophile, in fact I am a little bit hard of hearing. These sound GREAT to me. I'm actually hearing sounds I didn't hear in ANY of the other units, plus some very deep base when appropriate. Watched Avengers with them on, and Step Up, to see the difference in the sounds.
4. Connecting- connected to my laptop and cell phone just fine, w/o any problems (no manual, but just held the center button down till it started blinking and connected).
5. Quality construction- these seem to be very sturdy and made with some quality materials. I've had several that were very cheap and cheaply made (HDE SX-907's), so I can tell the difference, but these were very well done. They are not small by any means.
6. Micro-SD card slot- I haven't used this yet, so I won't speak to the positives, but it never hurts to have another way to use your headphones. I work in the service industry, around a lot of equipment, and will begin to use these in the field when I go back to work next week, and will probably use that then. I don't have an mp-3 player that is bluetooth, other than my phone, so this will be a great feature to have. I use my phone for work, and don't want to fill it up with useless apps or a lot of music, when I can save the space for those things that I truly need on there.
7. Micro usb charging- this speaks for itself if you've been looking at several of these units, and many charge on 1.5mm or 2.5mm usb cables. This will make it easy, if I'm out in the field to use my phone charger to charge these back up.
8. Holds a charge- These will hold a charge for quite awhile. I've been using them most of the day (they came with a charge already on them), and I've been using them for over 5 or 6 hours already w/o any problems.
9. 3.5mm cable- Does have a 3.5 mm cable so that you can connect to your non-bluetooth devices. This won't affect me very much, except for maybe family roadtrips and such (letting my daughter use the with her Kindle would be a prime example).
Cons (not many that I see so far)-
1. Charger- does NOT come with one, but does come with a micro-usb to usb cable. So it can be used w/ existing chargers that have a usb connection, or to the laptop directly (which I've done and hooked up to make sure it was charging).
2. No user/ instruction manual- Not thrilled about this, but I will make do, as I've done before in purchasing stuff w/o one. Functions of the buttons seem fairly straight forward and easy to decipher, but would still be nice to have one. I'll contact Bludio next week and attempt to @ least have one emailed to me, if I can't find one over the internet.
Now, I've had these for a day, and absolutely love them, but will use them for several weeks and update on my findings, whether they be good or bad. I purchased these through Prime @ a $109.95 price tag, and I definitely feel it was worth the price, after all of the other units I've gone through. I was nervous purchasing these w/o ANY reviews up, so I wanted to make sure to put this up on day one, just in case someone was having the same doubts I was. What made my mind up was the fact that it was prime (meaning it was being fulfilled by Amazon which would have made a return process easier), and I saw a couple of reviews on youtube that were VERY positive). I personally would put these up there over Beats and a few others, as I wasn't going to pay $200 to $400 for a pair of headphones. I purchased them @ 9pm at night on Tuesday night, and Liberty had them out of their warehouse by 10am on Wednesday, and arrived on time today.
I've included everything I could think of in this review, so that you could see the trials I've gone through trying to find just that right pair of headphones for me. I apologize if it was long winded, but I just wanted to convey how thoroughly thrilled I was with the set and why. The only reasons for 4 stars instead of 5, are the cons above, and I haven't actually been through the ringer with it yet. It may get upgraded, but doubtful, since those 2 things would be the improvements that I would recommend to the manufacturer at this point.
Edit 1/30/13:
First off, I found the instructions (not much, but they were there). They had fallen out when I opened up the box. The charger is just fine. It works with the usb chargers I have for the phone, @ the house and in the car. Plus will charge from the laptop, so no issues. Upped this to 5 stars. After using it for a week or so now, I REALLY like this set of headphones. Having them over the ear has been so much more comfortable, AND drowns out alot of outside noise. It can get very loud in my work, and these are wonderful to drown out all of that background noise. I can leave my cell phone across the room and on the charger while I have these on up on a ladder. It's also helped me from missing any calls now. Since I'm self employed, every one of those calls can make a difference. I see the price has gone up another $20, but knowing what I do about this set, I'd still say it was worth it. If you can find them cheaper elsewhere, and from a trusted source, I would say to snatch them up.
Edit 2/15/13:
The bluetooth issue with my TV has been fixed, and now my headphones work just fine with my Vizio M3D550SR. Was nice to watch a 3D movie after the wife had gone to bed, with GREAT sound, and not worry about waking anyone up. Still think these headphones rock!!
Product Description
POWERFUL SOUND AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE!!Supports Line-In: 3.5mm jack included, just plug in 3.5mm audio cable, can be connect with mobile or computer, listening to music.Extremely Portable Flexible Headband: With a foldable headband, you can fold it into a smaller size, more convenient for carrying.Ultra-Strong: Up to 20 hours talk time and up to 325 hours ultra long strong standby time.After a simple pairing, use the Bluedio R Wireless Bluetooth Headphones to:Listen to your favorite music COMPLETELY WIRELESS!Answer your Cell Phone through the wireless headphones!Drown out loud and annoying background noises with its reliable noise-cancelling technology!Transfer movies, music data or other files USB Files with the built-in Micro SD Card Slot!Operating Distance | 30-65 feetSensitivity | 110dBFrequency Range | 15-22 kHzFrequency Response | 20-22 kHz Music Play Time | Up to 20 hoursCharging Time | 3-4.5 hoursWeight | 10 ozWarranty | 1 year limited manufacturer warranty

Features
- In Stock. Ships from USA. 1 year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Bluetooth Technology with Easy Paring (no pin code needed) | Supports MP3 Players & USB File Transfers | Noise Cancelling Technology
- Charged by Micro-USB | Bluetooth Frequency: 2.402-2.48GHz | Sensitivity: 120dB
- Supports Micro-SD Card Music Playing: You can play music of MP3 and WMA format through Micro-SD card (up to 64GB)
No comments:
Post a Comment